Research At York University Libraries
Graduate students undertaking research at the library are encouraged to consult the Humanities Research Guide at Humanities Research Guide | York University Libraries. This Guide brings together many of the discipline’s most useful databases and collections of primary documents. It is maintained by York’s Humanities Librarian Scott McLaren. Scott is available for individual graduate research consultations with students working on major research papers, MRPs, and literature reviews for PhD dissertations.
Appointments can be arranged by contacting him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about Scott’s work at York and his own research can be found here
Research at York spans the spectrum of interests including the humanities, visual arts, and the social and physical sciences. York’s strength in areas such as environmental studies, indigenous studies, feminist research and social history make it a leader in innovative research both in Canada and internationally.
- Centre for Jewish Studies
- Canadian Centre for German and European Studies (CCGES)
- Centre for Research on Latin American and the Caribean (CERLAC)
- Centre for Asian Studies
- Center for Research on Language Contact
- Center for Feminist Research
- Centre for Practical Ethics
- Institute for Social Research
Find out more at www.research.yorku.ca